Life Lately 2019 Vol. 5

July 31, 2019

Well, that was pretty fast. How come I didn't even notice that today is the last day of the month of July? I guess, I was too busy with work and coming to terms that I'm getting older and older each passing day. Two (2) nights ago, I was back reading some of my old blog posts, and I realized that I was a lot skinnier back then. The thing is, during those times, I always thought of myself as fat, I never really liked how I looked back then. I would try all the diet fads just to shed off some unwanted weight. In retrospect, it was silly of me to believe about everything they've told me, I should've really embraced how I look instead of worrying about it every night.

Now, at this moment, the present— I'm determined to love myself no matter my size is. I know I'm always whining about my weight, but I just don't want to spend the rest of my 20's trying to lose weight and never really getting there because it's only my insecurities. July made me realized that you should never spend your days fixed on the idea of changing if you aren't doing anything.

Anyway here's how my July went.

  • WATCHING: I'm currently watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. I started watching the show back in 2008, but because I was too busy with studies and other things, I just stopped watching the show entirely. When I got into college, I started watching it again but only managed to watch a couple of episodes. Until I heard it's inevitable ending. Okay, I'm one of those people who hated the ending, and right now I'm in the process of understanding why it had to end that way. Aside from watching a sitcom, I'm also watching the anime, Mushishi S2. I watched the first season back in 2015 but I didn't know until now that it has a season 2. It's so good and calming, perfect after a long day of work.
  • READING: It's been 84 years *cue in Titanic music* I'm finally reading a book! The only thing I did was read a children's book titled Autumn Story by Jill Barklem. I know now what is a pick me upper when I feel like I'm in a reading slump. Not only that, after I read the book and finished it (it was really short), I began reading The Help and oh my god! Why did I let this book sit in my bookshelf for years!?
  • LISTENING: Still into Hamilton and Waitress. When will this ever end?
  • EATING: It's been 2 days since I've been cooking and eating spaghetti and adobo for breakfast! 
  • WORK: My sleeping pattern is all messed up again because I work on a flexible schedule, and sometimes I need to get up at 3am until 7 am in the morning to work. But it's okay, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.
  • PLANNING: I'm torn between getting a new phone or sticking to my old one. You see, I don't really need a new phone, but my old phone is so outdated that it's ancient. Maybe I'll just wait until my phone gives up on me. lol!
So I guess that's it. Bye July! Hello August, please be good to me!
Until the next volume.
blog signature

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. Weight should depend only on us, I also have lots of people around me telling me I have weight problems and I was skinny and fit I wasn't troubling them, in some moments now I am sorry I haven't tormented them too but I am not that kind of person. I feel good and that is all that matters.
    P.S sleeping problems can also cause wight problems.
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying those things. Yeah, I should really work on my sleeping pattern.

      Delete
  2. It was really interesting to read how your July was. And I think that you are absolutely right about your body - you need to love yourself now, and not waste your time and nerves on eternal diets.

    I follow you through GFC, because I really liked your blog! :) If you want, you can follow me too)

    MY NEW POST: WITHIN TEMPTATION ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see that you are reading books again!

    www.kimchicakes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I hope I can finish all of them this month.

      Delete
  4. I loved reading about your July! I so hope August sees lots of sunshine and good times ahead for you ♥︎ Ahhh I totally need to catch HIMYM again, it's been ages :) Autumn Story sounds like a lovely story and I really must read The Help too :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Sophie! Right, we need to know why it ended like that. lol! The Help is really good and I can't wait to watch the movie.

      Delete
  5. First of all, I agree...where did this month go? It's hard to believe that tomorrow will be August! And I relate to what you said about weight. Several years ago, I beat myself up for being too heavy, but when I look back at pictures now, I realize that is my ideal weight. I think it's hard to appreciate the way we look. We are always wanting to be different in some way. So, I am also trying to focus on self love!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It just comes and go like a snap. And you won't notice until it's the last day.
      Yes, self love <3

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, those 3am starts must be killing you! I hope your schedule changes asap so you can catch some shut eye babe! Happy to hear the rest of the month has been great for you though :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Music from musicals can be so addictive, you don't need to tell me about it, especially if you've seen them. Can't remember how long I've been obsessing over the main songs from Priscilla.

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Pricilla yet but I think it's lovely.

      Delete
  8. I agree, time is flying. Sometimes we can't catch it up, left behind, and gain some weight. As long as BMI is in normal range, we are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate on so many levels!
    My sleep has been all messed up these past couple of days from schedule changes too. What has greatly helped is wearing a sleep mask.<3

    ADI IN PINKINSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a sleeping mask is perfect but mine got lost :(

      Delete
  10. I can relate about the weight thing. Earlier this year I looked at some photos of me when I was younger, back when I thought I was "fat" but honestly I looked skinny. I've always had issues with my weight because of my family but I'm working on loving my body and getting healthy and that is all that matters. ♥

    www.mooeyandfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the way we see ourselves. Yes, self love <3

      Delete
  11. I love reading! I just wish I had more time to for it! :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you really have to set a side time for reading.

      Delete
  12. NetFlix can be addicting! I find myself watching movies and shows I like over and over again, I love the flexible schedule idea. It's nice as long as you get enough sleep. I think you are a nice weight, look beautiful and are a wonderful age to be. Have a happy August!

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/10/last-minute-halloween-excuse-post-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's so many great shows on Netflix too.

      Delete
  13. I don't know where the time goes, but it goes by very fast!!!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHH hello fellow Hamilton fan! It's still a huge dream to see Hamilton on Broadway (or if they decide to tour around my city, that's good too!)

    I know what you mean about reading slumps. I'm slowly trying to get myself out of one. Currently reading "All the light we cannot see" and I think it is doing the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's my dream of mine too! I really love it and I memorized all the lyrics of the song, including the rap part lol!
      Good thing for you! I heard so many great reviews about All the Light we cannot see. I think it even won an award.

      Delete
  15. I haven't listened to the Hamilton soundtrack yet (I live under a rock) but recently a colleague of mine got lottery tickets to see the musical live! I've been inspired to try to get lottery tickets ever since.

    Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Simone! I know i'm always cracking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time! Your thoughts about this post are highly appreciated. I read each of them and respond as much as I can. And don't forget to click 'NOTIFY ME' so you can read my reply. ♥